Do you need capital to grow your company and achieve success?
Come learn from experts in the venture capital industry about how to attract needed venture capital to expand and grow your business. The focus of discussion will be on Silicon Valley-style venture funds. You will gain insights into what venture funds expect in an investment; what motivates them internally and externally; how to secure a meeting with a venture fund; how to prepare for a meeting with a venture fund; and how to structure your company to attract venture capital.
What you will learn
- What is venture capital?
- Why should I seek venture capital?
- How does venture capital work?
- How do I raise venture capital?
- How do I prepare my company for venture capital?
- What are other benefits of having a venture fund invest in my company?
- How do I connect with venture funds?
- What types of returns do their investors expect?
- What type of business models attract venture capital?
- How do I value my company?
- What are the pros and cons for Hawaii companies?
- How do I know that I’m getting a fair deal?
- How do I select a venture capital firm?
The workshop will be Thursday, September 24, 2015, from 9:30 am to 2:15 pm at MEDB’s Malcolm Center, 1305 N. Holopono St. in Kihei. Cost of the workshop is $20. Lunch will be provided. Space is limited, and reservations are required. Click here to register: https://hightechmaui.com/confregister/form-venturecapital.cfm
For more information, contact: Frank De Rego, Jr. MEDB Director of Business Development Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org, (808)270-6807.