Experts from across the nation will present the latest trends in the electric utility industry, as well as the public policy influencing customer choices. Sessions will address issues about advancing toward grid modernization, consumer protection, and engaging customers in a fresh, new way.
Conference sessions include
- Understanding the evolving role of the customer in a broader context
- The customer of the 21st century
- Are we seeing what they’re seeing: customer perceptions on energy
- Advancing toward grid modernization – meeting customer needs
- The growth of distribution generation – good or bad for the customer?
- Community perspectives (video panel discussion)
- How can the customer become an active participant in the energy landscape
- The changing regulatory compact – the customer, the utility, the regulator
- Consumer protection – who’s looking out for the customer?
Keynote speakers include
- Eric Gleason, President, NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC
- Deborah Kimberly, Vice President, Customer Energy Solutions, Austin Energy
- Constance Lau, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc.
- Alan Oshima, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hawaiian Electric Company
- Luis Salaveria, Director, Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism, State of Hawaii
- Mark Toney, Executive Director, The Utility Reform Network (TURN)
For details on how to register and more information about the conference, visit MauiEnergyConference.com
Presented by the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development and the Maui Economic Development Board.